Invite a friend
Classic Film: The Pink Panther at Community Center
The Cranford Library is hosting Classic Film, The Pink Panther, 1963. This event will be held at the Cranford Community Center, 220 Walnut Avenue, at 7pm.
In the first in a series of detective comedies from director Blake Edwards stars Peter Sellers as bumbling French Inspector Jacques Clouseau, the mishap-prone snoop. David Niven stars as Sir Charles Litton, a suave jewel thief known as "The Phantom." Vacationing in a deluxe Alpine resort, Litton's real purpose is to purloin the Pink Panther, a gem of enormous worth owned by a princess (Claudia Cardinale). On his trail for years, Inspector Clouseau keeps losing his quarry, perhaps because his wife Simone (Capucine) is Litton's lover and alerts him every time her husband draws near. The Pink Panther made Sellers and his Clouseau act so popular that the character starred in a series of farcical sequels. This film is 113 minutes and rated PG and free. All are welcome.
More About Cranford Community Center
Cranford Community Center is open to all residents of Cranford. It offers a game room with pool tables, ping-pong tables, an air hockey table, a foosball table, as well as a space to play basketball and a lounge with TVs and vending machines.
Residents can use the facilities after showing a Cranford High School ID card, driver's license or a current utility bill to prove their Cranford residency. The community center is also home to a vast schedule of sports and activities for children, teens and adults.
Other events here
- Smarty Cats Scientist Ages 4- 10 April 24, 2013 / May 1, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / May 15, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 29, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 12, 2013, 4:30 pm–6:15 pm
- Cranford PAL Cheerleading In Person Registration Wed, May 22, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- A History of the Jersey Shore Wed, May 22, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Cranford Recreation's Golf For Juniors May 2, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / May 16, 2013 / May 23, 2013 / May 30, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / June 20, 2013, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Fashionably Chic Grades 1-8 April 25, 2013 / May 2, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / May 16, 2013 / May 23, 2013 / May 30, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 13, 2013, 5:30 pm–6:15 pm
- Cranford Historic Preservation Advisory Board Thu, May 23, 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
- "Bach to Rock" - Electric Violinist Caryn Lin Wed, May 29, 7:30 pm
- Documentary: "First Position" (2011, 90 minutes) Mon, Jun 3, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Documentary Film: "First Position" (2011, 90 minutes) Mon, Jun 3, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm