Invite a friend
Third Annual Plein Air Painting Event - Jersey Central Art Studios - June 5th - 10th
Jersey Central Art Studios is pleased to announce that it will host its third plein air painting event in Cranford this coming June 5, 212 through June 10, 2012. (Plein air means “in the open air” and refers to dynamic outdoor landscape painting.)
Twenty-eight professional plein air artists from ten states have been selected by judge and master plein air painter Joseph McGurl to compete for $5,000 in cash prizes and merchandise awards. This year’s event has expanded to six days from five and will provide the artists not only painting opportunities in our local community but also in regional locations such as Manhattan and the New Jersey shore. The public will have the chance to meet and interact with the participating artists on the downtown streets where they paint on location as well as at the Event Gallery where their work will be shown.
Over 150 paintings are expected to be on display and on sale at the Event Gallery at the Cranford Community Center, 220 Walnut Ave, Cranford. All artwork produced during the event will be for sale and may be seen and purchased at both the Saturday night June 9th Pre-Show Gala or at the Sunday afternoon June10th free public exhibit. Painting prices typically start affordably at several hundred dollars but range to over $1,000 for larger work.
“This year’s six-day event is designed to build on past year’s successes and provide a truly memorable experience for artists, art lovers and the entire community. ‘Paint the Town!’ Plein Air Event will give you and your family a great opportunity to share in the artistic process,” said Deborah Leber, president of JCAS.
JCAS is a non-profit group based in Cranford and is made up of artists and citizens dedicated to raising awareness of the arts and the artistic process, as well as integrating the arts into the community through education, events, and economic development. JCAS runs several community-enriching art programs including art classes, art lectures, Cranford Artist Studio Tours, and the Great Pumpkin Carve Out in addition to Paint the Town!
To learn more about the event and upcoming schedule please visit the Jersey Central Art Studios web site www.jcas.org.
More About Cranford Community Center
Cranford Community Center is open to all residents of Cranford. It offers a game room with pool tables, ping-pong tables, an air hockey table, a foosball table, as well as a space to play basketball and a lounge with TVs and vending machines.
Residents can use the facilities after showing a Cranford High School ID card, driver's license or a current utility bill to prove their Cranford residency. The community center is also home to a vast schedule of sports and activities for children, teens and adults.
Other events here
- Smarty Cats Scientist Ages 4- 10 April 24, 2013 / May 1, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / May 15, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 29, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 12, 2013, 4:30 pm–6:15 pm
- Cranford PAL Cheerleading In Person Registration Wed, May 22, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- A History of the Jersey Shore Wed, May 22, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Cranford Recreation's Golf For Juniors May 2, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / May 16, 2013 / May 23, 2013 / May 30, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / June 20, 2013, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Fashionably Chic Grades 1-8 April 25, 2013 / May 2, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / May 16, 2013 / May 23, 2013 / May 30, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 13, 2013, 5:30 pm–6:15 pm
- Cranford Historic Preservation Advisory Board Thu, May 23, 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
- "Bach to Rock" - Electric Violinist Caryn Lin Wed, May 29, 7:30 pm
- Documentary: "First Position" (2011, 90 minutes) Mon, Jun 3, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Documentary Film: "First Position" (2011, 90 minutes) Mon, Jun 3, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm