NJSACC, the Statewide Network for NJ's Afterschool Communities seeks a Summer Intern for Summer 2014. One of NJSACC's major goals is to expand fun, engaging, and hands-on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) learning opportunities in afterschool programs throughout NJ. Our Summer Intern will help us identify afterschool programs already offering STEM activities, identify potential funding and other resources for afterschool programs interested offering STEM activities, and will help plan and coordinate the logistics for any STEM-related trainings or meetings.
This is a great opportunity for a college student interested in education, youth development or looking to gain experience in the nonprofit sector. Interest in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering or math) is helpful, but not required for this position.
NJSACC: The Statewide Network for New Jersey's Afterschool Communities promotes and supports the development, continuity and expansion of quality programs for children and youth during out-of-school time. We are based in lovely downtown Westfield, NJ. This is a paid position. Learn more about NJSACC at www.njsacc.org.
- Pursuing a college degree.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in an office environment.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Interest in education, youth development or looking to gain experience in the nonprofit sector. Specific interest in STEM is helpful, but not required.
- Enthusiasm for learning and new experiences.
Position details: $15 per hour for 14 hours per week for 12 weeks. Weekly work schedule is flexible.
Start date: End of May/early June End date: End of August
To apply, please send a resume, a writing sample and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! Deadline: May, 9, 2014.