Youth with special needs and those who could use just a little help and encouragement are welcome to now register for several programs being offered again this fall by the Summit Community Programs and coordinated by TryCAN.
Our experienced coaches and instructors are excited to return to help our youth develop skills that may allow them to pursue a sport or activity further or simply provide them with a meaningful recreation experience.
These popular and affordable classes, open to both residents and non-residents, also use the assistance of trained teen Peer Mentors from local middle and high schools to help participants fully participate in the classes, learn and have fun.
We have a full schedule of programs, each running 4 - 6 weeks:
- Music with Jammin’ Jenn (ages 4-8) – Thursdays at 5:45pm, starting November 29.
- Lacrosse Skills – Sundays at 3pm or 4pm, starting November 18.
- Study Skills Workshop (grades 6-8) – Wednesdays at 5:30pm, starting November 14.
- Reading Club (ages 5-12) – Thursdays at 4pm, starting November 15.
- Let’s Pretend play and social group for 3-5 year olds – Saturdays at 12:30pm, starting November 17.
- Play and Learn play and social group for 6-7 year olds – Saturdays at 1:15pm starting November 17.
- Social Skills, using technology, for 8-12 year olds – Mondays at 5:30pm starting November 19.
- Teen Friendship Group – Mondays at 6:15pm starting November 19.
The classes are held at the Summit Community Center, 100 Morris Ave. For a copy of the fall flyer with program description complete dates and times, instructor information, pricing and registration information, contact email@example.com or call Summit Department of Community Programs at 908-277-2932. You can also stop by the Summit Community Center to pick up a copy of the flyer, register or answer any questions.
TryCAN is a collaboration of Summit and other nearby communities that offer a comprehensive array of recreation programs for children with special needs or those who need special accommodation. There are no non-resident fees involved and all welcome!