The six PTOs that serve the Berkeley Heights schools funded a combined total of $192,650 in school enhancements during the 2012-13 school year.
This amount includes $11,700 in teacher grants, more than $51,000 in enrichment programs and assemblies for students and $80,100 in equipment gifts to the schools.
The gifts included:
- an electronic sign and a commemorative paver walkway at Governor Livingston High School;
- new 6th grade writing lab computer tables, a cafeteria PA system and a Digital Projector Lab for Columbia Middle School;
- a playground expansion, various types of classroom furniture and replacement courtyard trees at William Woodruff Elementary School;
- courtyard furniture, white dry erase boards for all classrooms, a water bottle filling station, and a playground Whale Drum at Mountain Park Elementary School;
- computer Lab improvements (desks, a Bright Links board, and a document camera), 2nd grade literary resources, and 3 cherry trees at Thomas P. Hughes Elementary School;
- 6 Apple hot spots, a Promethean projector and white board and a laminating machine for the Mary Kay McMillin Early Childhood Center.
The remaining $49,000 includes Project Graduation, special events and services.