Brush pickup will begin next week in Berkeley Heights.
The township advises residents to place brush in “neat piles” at the curb. Branches less than 2 feet in length, lumber, building materials, leaves, roots, stumps, briars, vines, decayed branches and other debris will not be accepted.
There will be only one pickup per household, according to the following schedule:
- Sept. 3 to 11 — Area bounded by Mountain Avenue, Diamond Hill Road, Twin Falls Road, Green Brook and the township’s western boundary, including the Emerson Lane and Dogwood Lane area.
- Sept. 12 to 20 — Area bounded by the railroad, Plainfield Avenue, Mountain Avenue and the township’s western boundary, including the Park Avenue area.
- Sept. 23 to Oct. 1 — Area bounded by the railroad, the Passaic River and the township’s eastern boundary. Entire area between the railroad and the river.
- Oct. 2 to 10 — Area of Countryside to Diamond Hill Road and Twin Falls Road, including the Twin Falls area.
- Oct. 11 to 21 — Area bounded by Mountain Avenue, Plainfield Avenue, the railroad line and the township’s eastern boundary to Martins Lane.