New Jersey Youth Symphony
This facility, located at the rear of a Central Avenue business center, houses the offices and rehearsal space of the New Jersey Youth Symphony. The organization provides orchestral training and other music education to young people in grades 3 to 12. Ensemble opportunities include 3 full orchestras, 3 training strings orchestras, 2 flute ensembles and a percussion ensemble. The Symphony also offers programs in chamber music and music theory, in addition to a summer camp. The New Jersey Youth Symphony performs more than 40 concerts each year at venues that include The College of Saint Elizabeth in Morristown, The Watchung Hills Performing Arts Center in Warren, the Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church in Plainfield and Carnegie Hall in New York City.
- Fax: 908-771-9893
- Hours: Sun - Fri, 10am - 8pm; Sat, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking is available, and handicapped access can be found at the main entrance.
- Founding Date: 1978
- Ticket information: To order tickets, visit the New Jersey Youth Symphony Web site.
- Buy tickets online [link]: njys.org/aboutNJYS/tickets.htm
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- What makes this community special?: "It's a small community. The small size gives it a close-knit quality. We work closely with the schools and teachers so we have a great give-and-take with our affiliates."