The New Providence United Methodist Church
Founded in 1786, The New Providence United Methodist Church has a congregation of nearly 200. Pastor Charles Wagner leads a worship service every Sunday at 10am. Nursery care and Sunday School are also provided. Throughout the year this congregation hosts various programs and events, including the Home First's Program, which helps find housing for those in need, the town's annual CROP Walk to end hunger, a food pantry benefiting local charities, a lighting of the Christmas Tree, and Re-Employment seminars every Monday at 7:30pm. The church also features the United Methodist Women, whose members host various Bible studies and missionary programs each year. The church also rents part of the building to the Santa Fe Center, a daycare facility.
- Hours: Worship Service and Sunday school: Sun, 10am. Office hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 1pm
- Handicap Accessible: A ramp is located at the rear entrance, with an elevator leading up to the church.
- Founding Date: 1786
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Denomination: Methodist
- Congregation size: 198
- Services: Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No